(1747-1779) Polish patriot and military leader. Hired by Silas Deane and Benjamin Franklin in their campaign to recruit for the American Revolution 1775–83, he was placed in command of the Continental cavalry 1777. He saw action at Valley Forge 1777–78 and after a dispute with General Anthony Wayne, was given an independent cavalry command. He died in action in the siege of Savannah.
Pulaski, born in Padolia, Poland, embarked on a military career early in life. He was forced into exile after participating in the unsuccessful Polish defense against the Russian invasion 1770–72.
1. City in Iowa (USA); zip code 52584.
2. City in Tennessee (USA); zip code 38478.
3. Town in Georgia (USA).
4. Town in Virginia (USA); zip code 24301.
5. Village in Illinois (USA); zip code 62976.
6. Village in New York (USA); zip code 13142.
7. Village in Wisconsin (USA); zip code 54162.