Punctuation mark (–) that can be used singly or in pairs (as a type of parenthesis, to mark off a clearly subordinate part of a sentence). A single dash is used to represent a sudden break or interruption in dialogue or an abrupt change of subject.
1. A footrace run at top speed
2. A quick run; SYN. sprint.
3. Distinctive and stylish elegance; SYN. elan, flair, panache, style.
4. The act of moving with great haste; SYN. bolt.
5. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code; SYN. dah.