ETYM Old Eng. del, deel, part, AS. dael; akin to OS. dęl, Dutch and Dan. deel, German theil, teil, Icel. deild, Swed. del, Goth. dails. Related to Dole.
1. (Card game) The act of distributing playing cards.
2. A particular instance of buying or selling; SYN. trade, business deal.
3. A plank of softwood (fir or pine board).
4. The act of apportioning or distributing something.
5. The type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: dealt).
1. To behave in a certain way towards others.
2. To do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood; SYN. sell, trade.
3. To distribute (cards) to the players in a game.
4. To give (a specific card) to a player.
5. To sell (especially drugs).
6. To take action with respect to (someone or something):.