ETYM Cf. French rapport. Related to Report.
1. A short account of the news; SYN. news report, story, account, write up.
2. A written document describing the findings of some individual or group; SYN. study.
3. The act of informing by verbal report; SYN. account.
4. A sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing).
The presentation of information about a given topic, typically in printed form. Reports prepared with computers and appropriate software can include text, graphics, and charts. Database programs can include special software for creating report forms and generating reports. Desktop publishing software and laser printers or typesetting equipment can be used to produce publication-quality output.
1. To announce as the result of an investigation, or announce something to the proper authorities
2. To announce one's presence
3. To give an account or representation of in words:; SYN. describe.
4. To complain about; make a charge against
5. To make known to the authorities; SYN. turn in.
6. To be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism; SYN. cover.