1. Free from noticeable current
2. Not sparkling; SYN. noneffervescent.
3. Used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion
ETYM as. stille quietly. Related to Still. The modern senses come from the idea of stopping and staying still, or motionless.
1. With reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation.
2. Without moving or making a sound; SYN. stock-still.
1. A static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes)
2. An apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed.