/ bæs /
basso · bass voice · basso · bass part
Prevedi bass na: francuski · nemački
The lowest male voice, of approximate range C2–D4. The best-known bass singers have been the Russians Fyodor Chaliapin and Boris Christoff.
The term also covers the bass instrument of a consort or family, for example bass clarinet, bass tuba, and bassoon, having a similar range. An instrument an octave lower than bass is a contrabass.(Irregular plural: bass).
1. An adult male singer with the lowest voice; SYN. basso.
2. Nontechnical name for any of numerous edible marine and freshwater spiny-finned fishes.
3. The lowest adult male singing voice; SYN. bass voice, basso.
4. The lowest part in polyphonic music; SYN. bass part.
5. The lowest part of the musical range.
6. The member with the lowest range of a family of musical instruments.