ETYM Old Eng. bodi, as. bodig; akin to Old High Germ. botah. Related to Bodice.
1. The entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being); SYN. organic structure, physical structure.
2. Corpse of a dead animal or person; SYN. dead body.
3. A group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity.
4. A collection of particulars considered as a system.
5. The central message of a communication.
6. An individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects.