(Computer science) An event that causes a computer system to become inoperative.
The failure of either a program or a disk drive. A program crash results in the loss of all unsaved data and can leave the operating system unstable enough to require restarting the computer. A disk drive crash, sometimes called a disk crash, leaves the drive inoperable and can cause loss of data. See also abend, head crash.
Događaj da računar ili mreža iznenada prestane sa radom. Ime potiče od zvuka koji se javlja pri padu glava čvrstog diska na ploču diska.
1. To break violently or noisily; smash; SYN. break up, break apart.
2. To cause to crash.
3. To fall or come down violently.
4. To hurl or thrust violently; SYN. dash.
5. To move violently; as through a barrier.
6. To undergo damage or destruction on impact; SYN. ram.
7. To move with, or as if with, a crashing noise.
8. To occupy, usually uninvited.
9. To stop operating; SYN. go down.