1. Extending relatively far inward
2. Having great spatial extension or penetration; downward ;); or laterally ); or outward from a center (sports); sometimes used in combination
3. Relatively deep or strong; affecting one deeply
4. Marked by depth of thinking; SYN. profound, pensive, ponderous.
5. Relatively thick from top to bottom
6. Very distant in time or space
8. With head or back bent low
9. Exhibiting great cunning usually with secrecy
10. Large in quantity or size
11. Strong; intense; SYN. rich.
An especially deep part of a sea or ocean; SYN. oceanic abyss.
1. A vast or immeasurable extent; abyss
2. The extent of surrounding space or time
4. Any of the deep portions of a body of water; specifically; a generally long and narrow area in the ocean where the depth exceeds 3000 fathoms (5500 meters)
5. The middle or most intense part
6. Any of the fathom points on a sounding line other than the marks