ETYM Latin extensio: cf. French extension. Related to Extend.
1. A mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt.
2. Act of expanding in scope; making more widely available.
3. Act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb.
4. Amount or degree or range to which something extends; SYN. lengthiness, prolongation.
5. An additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line.
6. An educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who not enrolled as regular students; SYN. extension service, university extension.
1. A set of characters added to a filename that serves to extend or clarify its meaning or to identify a file as a member of a category. An extension may be assigned by the user or by a program, as, for example, .com or .exe for executable programs that MS-DOS can load and run.
2. A supplemental set of codes used to include additional characters in a particular character set.
3. A program or program module that adds functionality to or extends the effectiveness of a program. 4. On the Macintosh, a program that alters or augments the functionality of the operating system. There are two types: system extensions, such as QuickTime, and Chooser extensions, such as printer drivers. When a Macintosh is turned on, the extensions in the Extensions folder within the System folder are loaded into memory. See also Chooser extension, QuickTime, System folder.
Neobavezni dodatak imenu datoteke u MS-DOS-u, koji se sastoji od tačke i najviše tri dodatna slova. Oznaka tipa često određuje vrstu datoteke i program koji ju je napravio.
Proširenje imena datoteke koje definiše njen tip.
Reč dana | 29.10.2020.
Više od 500.000 poseta u toku meseca. Pridruži nam se i ti.