/ ɪntərəpt /
Prevedi interrupt na: nemački
A signal from a device to a computer’s processor requesting attention from the processor. When the processor receives an interrupt, it suspends its current operations, saves the status of its work, and transfers control to a special routine known as an interrupt handler, which contains the instructions for dealing with the particular situation that caused the interrupt. Interrupts can be generated by various hardware devices to request service or report problems, or by the processor itself in response to program errors or requests for operating-system services. Interrupts are the processor’s way of communicating with the other elements that make up a computer system. A hierarchy of interrupt priorities determines which interrupt request will be handled first if more than one request is made. A program can temporarily disable some interrupts if it needs the full attention of the processor to complete a particular task. See also exception, external interrupt, hardware interrupt, internal interrupt, software interrupt.
In computing, a signal received by the computer's central processing unit that causes a temporary halt in the execution of a program while some other task is performed. Interrupts may be generated by the computer's internal electronic clock (clock interrupt), by an input or output device, or by a software routine. After the computer has completed the task to which it was diverted, control returns to the original program.
For example, many computers, while printing a long document, allow the user to carry on with other work. When the printer is ready for more data, it sends an interrupt signal that causes the computer to halt work on the user's program and transmit more data to the printer.
1. Operacija koja grubo upada, prekida ono što računar trenutno radi i tera ga da uradi nešto sasvim drugo. Na primer, prekid koji izaziva serijski priključak prekida ono što računar radi kad god se na tom priključku pojavi neki znak. Računar uradi šta treba sa tim znakom, a onda nastavi da radi započeti posao.
2. Softverska komanda koja naređuje računaru da ode i zaviri u neki udaljeni kutak programa i da se vrati.
3. Komunikaciona linija između nekih uređaja i mikroprocesora.
/ ɪntərəpt /
disturb · break · disrupt · disrupt · break up · cut off
Prevedi interrupt na: nemački · francuski
1. To destroy the peace or tranquility of; SYN. disturb.
2. To end prematurely; SYN. break.
3. To interfere in someone else's activity; SYN. disrupt.
4. To make a break in; SYN. disrupt, break up, cut off.
To stop a process in such a way that it can be resumed.