ETYM Old Eng. mouth, muth, as. műth.
1. An opening that resembles a mouth (as of a cave or a gorge).
2. The opening of a jar or bottle.
3. A person conceived as a consumer of food.
4. The point where a stream issues into a larger body of water.
1. The opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge; SYN. oral cavity.
2. The externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face
Cavity forming the entrance to the digestive tract. In land vertebrates, air from the nostrils enters the mouth cavity to pass down the trachea. The mouth in mammals is enclosed by the jaws, cheeks, and palate.
3. The natural opening through which food passes into the body of an animal and which in vertebrates is typically bounded externally by the lips and internally by the pharynx and encloses the tongue, gums, and teeth
Prednji deo glave, otvor za unos hrane u organizam.
Usta su otvor koji zatvaraju usne. Ovaj otvor vodi u usnu duplju koja ima ulogu organa sa određenom funkcijom i patološkim zbivanjima.