ETYM Old Eng. pek, as. peac, perh of Celtic origin; cf. Irish peac a sharp-pointed thing. Related to Pike.
1. A pointed or projecting part of a garment; especially; the visor of a cap or hat.
3. The top point of a mountain or hill; SYN. crown, crest, top, tip, summit.
(Homonym: peek, pique).
1. To grow thin or sickly.
2. To dwindle away.
3. To reach the highest point; attain maximum intensity, activity; SYN. reach a peak.
4. To set (as a gaff) nearer the perpendicular.
5. To hold (oars) with blades well raised.