ETYM Old Eng. right, riht, as. riht.
(Homonym: rite, wright, write).
1. Being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the east when facing north; on the right when facing downstream.
2. Pertaining to the right hand (as opposed to left); .
3. Intended for the right hand; SYN. right-hand.
4. Correct in opinion or judgment; SYN. correct.
5. In conformance with justice or law or morality.
6. In or into a satisfactory condition.
7. Of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face outward.
8. Of or belonging to the political or intellectual right.
9. (Geometry) Having the axis perpendicular to the base.
ETYM as. right. Related to Right.
1. The hand that is on the right side of the body; SYN. right hand.
2. A turn to the right.
3. Anything in accord with principles of justice; SYN. rightfulness.
4. Location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east.
5. An abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature.
6. The conservative faction of a political party; SYN. right wing.
7. (Frequently plural) The interest possessed by law or custom in some intangible thing.