1. A contemptible person.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike; SYN. strikebreaker, blackleg, rat.
3. A union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended; a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during
ETYM Old Eng. scab, scabbe, shabbe; cf. as. scaeb, sceabb, scebb, Dan. and Swed. skab, and also Latin scabies, from scabere to scratch, akin to Eng. shave. Related to Shave, Shab, Shabby.
1. The crustlike surface of a healing skin lesion.
2. A crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound.
3. Any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also; one of the spots.