ETYM Western u. s.
1. The work of washing or cleansing; SYN. washing.
2. The laundry.
3. A watercolor made by applying a series of monochrome washes one over the other; SYN. wash drawing.
4. A thin coat of water-base paint.
5. (Informal) Any enterprise in which losses and gains cancel out.
6. (Western United States) The dry bed of an intermittent stream (as at the bottom of a canyon); SYN. dry wash.
1. To cleanse (one's body) with soap and water; SYN. lave.
2. To cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water; SYN. launder.
3. To clean with some chemical process; SYN. rinse.
4. To be capable of being washed
5. To remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent:; SYN. wash-off, wash away.
6. To move by or as if by water
7. To move by or as if by water
8. To form by erosion:
9. To separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals).
10. To apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to.