1. Large in size; imposing.
2. Marked by intense physical force; SYN. high.
3. Conspicuous in position or importance; SYN. large, prominent.
4. Feeling self-importance; SYN. swelled, vainglorious.
5. Prodigious; SYN. heavy.
6. Of very great significance; SYN. momentous.
7. Older and (at least formerly) larger than another though relative size is not the issue; SYN. elder, older.
8. Loud and firm
9. In an advanced stage of pregnancy; SYN. enceinte, expectant, gravid, great, large, heavy, with child.
10. Generous and understanding and tolerant; SYN. large, magnanimous.
(Homonym: hi, hie).
1. (Literal meanings) Being at or having a relatively great elevation or height; sometimes used in combination.
2. Advanced into the most active period.
3. Greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
4. Slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug especially marijuana; SYN. mellow.
5. Used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency; SYN. high-pitched.
6. Very favorable.
1. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; SYN. big, sizeable, huge, spacious, broad.
2. Fairly large or important in effect; influential
3. Having broad power and range and scope