ETYM Cf. French approche. Related to Approach.
(Irregular plural: approaches).
1. The event of one object coming closer to another; SYN. approaching.
2. The act of drawing spatially closer to something; SYN. approaching, coming.
3. The temporal property of becoming nearer in time; SYN. approaching, coming.
4. A close approximation.
5. A formulation adopted in tackling a problem; SYN. attack, plan of attack.
6. A relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green; SYN. approach shot.
basic approach / ˈbeɪsɪk əˈproʊtʃ /
Množina reči basic approach je basic approaches.
rudiment / ruːdəmənt /
Množina reči rudiment je rudiments.
Sinonimi: first principle
Sinonimi: ABC · ABC's · alphabet · first principle · first rudiment
ETYM Latin rudimentum, from rudis unwrought, ignorant, rude: cf.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural); SYN. first principle.
2. The remains of a body part that was functional at an earlier stage of life.
3. French rudiment. Related to Rude.
4. Elementary principle; undeveloped part or organ.