1. To measure or determine with a gauge.
2. To measure or to ascertain the contents or the capacity of, as of a pipe, or barrel.
3. To measure the dimensions of, or to test the accuracy of the form of.
4. To measure the capacity, character, or ability of; to estimate; to judge of.
1. To determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of; SYN. measure out.
2. To have certain dimensions.
3. To place a value on; judge the worth of something; SYN. evaluate, assess, appraise, value.
mete / miːt /
(Archaic) To deliver; to hand down.