1. A dough that contains a considerable proportion of fat and is used for pastry crust or fancy rolls
2. A confection made by evaporating fruit with sugar or by flavoring a gelatin, starch, or gum arabic preparation
3. A smooth food product made by evaporation or grinding
4. A shaped dough (as spaghetti or ravioli) prepared from semolina, farina, or wheat flour
pasty / peɪsti /
Množina reči pasty je pasties.
ETYM Old Fren. pasté, French pâté. Related to Paste, Patty.
Small meat pie or turnover.
1. A meat dish baked with biscuit or pastry crust — compare potpie.
2. A dessert consisting of a filling (as of fruit or custard) in a pastry shell or topped with pastry or both.
3. Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top.