/ kænvəs /
Množina reči canvas je canvas.
canvass · canvass · canvass · canvass · canvass
canvas fabric · canvas tent · canvass · canvass fabric · sail · sheet
1. Heavy, closely woven cotton fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents); SYN. canvass.
2. A piece of such fabric stretched on a frame, to be used for painting; SYN. canvass.
3. An oil painting on canvas; SYN. canvass.
4. The mat that forms the floor of the ring in which boxers or professional wrestlers compete; SYN. canvass.
5. The setting for a narrative or fictional or dramatic account; SYN. canvass.
Plain cloth woven from relatively thick cotton or linen yarn. It is used for baggage, tents, beach shoes, and other utilitarian purposes. In traditional tailoring canvas is used as an interlining for collars and facings. Artist's canvas is stretched taut over a frame (stretcher) and primed before paint is applied to it.