ETYM French, figure, Latin figura; akin to fingere to form, shape, feign. Related to Feign.
1. A diagram or picture illustrating textual material; SYN. fig.
2. A representation of a bodily form (especially of a person).
3. A predetermined set of movements in dancing or skating.
4. A combination of points and lines and planes that form a visible palpable shape.
5. A number.
6. An amount of money expressed numerically.
7. The impression produced by a person.
8. A figurative expression; SYN. metaphor, expression, trope.
ETYM French stature, Old Fren. estature, from Latin statura, originally, an upright posture, hence, height or size of the body, from stare, statum, to stand. Related to Stand.
1. High level of respect gained by impressive development or achievement.
2. Natural height of a person or animal in an upright position; SYN. height.