ETYM Late Lat. allocatio: cf. French allocation.
(Computer science) The assignment of particular areas of a magnetic disk to particular data or instructions.
apportionment / əpɔːrʃənmənt /
ETYM Cf. French apportionnement, Late Lat. apportionamentum.
The act of apportioning; a dividing into just proportions or shares; a division or shares; a division and assignment, to each proprietor, of his just portion of an undivided right or property.
ETYM French dispensation, Latin dispensatio.
1. A share that has been dispensed or distributed.
2. An exemption from some rule or obligation.
3. The act of dispensing (giving out in portions); SYN. dispensing.
ETYM Latin disseminatio: cf. French dissémination.
1. Opening to public discussion and debate; SYN. airing, circulation, public exposure, spreading.
2. The property of being diffused or dispersed; SYN. diffusion.
ETYM Latin distributio: cf. French distribution.
1. An arrangement of values of a variable showing their observed or theoretical frequency of occurrence.
2. The act of distributing or spreading or apportioning.
3. The commercial activity of transporting and selling goods from a producer to a consumer.
4. The spatial property of being scattered about over an area or volume; SYN. dispersion.
issuance / ɪʃuːəns /
1. The action of going, coming, or flowing out; egress, emergence.
2. The act of publishing or officially giving out or making available.