(Irregular preterit, past participle: shook, shaken).
1. To move back and forth quickly; SYN. agitate.
2. To bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking.
3. To get rid of; SYN. shake off, throw off, escape from.
4. To undermine or weaken.
1. To collide violently.
2. To surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off; SYN. stun, floor, ball over, blow out of the water, take aback.
3. To strike with disgust or revulsion; SYN. offend, scandalize, appal, appall, outrage.
4. To strike with horror or terror
5. To subject to electrical shocks.
6. To collect or gather into shocks