ETYM AS. crisp, from Latin crispus; cf. carpere to pluck, card (wool), and Eng. harvest. Related to Crape.
1. Tender and brittle; SYN. crispy.
2. Brief and to the point; effectively cut short; SYN. curt, laconic, terse.
3. In small tight curls; SYN. frizzly, frizzy, kinky, nappy.
4. Pleasantly cold and invigorating; ('parky' is a British term); SYN. frosty, nipping, nippy, snappy, parky.
5. Pleasingly firm and fresh and making a crunching noise when chewed; SYN. firm, crunchy.
6. (Of something seen or heard) Clearly defined; SYN. sharp.
crispy / krɪspi /
1. Formed into short, close ringlets; frizzed; crisp.
2. Crisp; brittle.