ETYM Old Fren. curios, curius, French curieux, Latin curiosus careful, inquisitive, from cura care. Related to Cure.
1. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; SYN. funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular.
2. Eager to investigate and learn or learn more (sometimes about others' concerns); SYN. inquisitive, interested.
3. Having curiosity aroused; eagerly interested in learning more.
extraordinary / ɪkstrɔːrdn̩eri /
ETYM Latin extraordinarius; extra on the outside + ordinarius: cf. French extraordinaire. Related to Ordinary.
1. Beyond what is ordinary or usual; highly unusual or exceptional or remarkable.
2. Far more than usual or expected.
3. (Of an official) Serving an unusual or special function in addition to those of the regular officials.