1. To judge to be probable; SYN. estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast.
2. To make a mathematical calculation or computation; SYN. cipher, cypher, compute, reckon, figure.
3. To specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public; SYN. aim, direct.
1. To conceive or fashion in the mind; invent.
2. To create designs.
3. To create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner.
4. To design something for a specific role or purpose or effect.
5. To intend or have as a purpose.
6. To make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form; SYN. plan.
The conceptual and practical working out of the appearance of an artifact or a building, with special reference to its effective functioning and its esthetic quality.
The term derives from the Italian word disegno, which in Renaissance art theory meant the essential idea of a work of art and the expression of that idea through drawing.
1. To depict as if on a map.
2. To make a map of; show or establish the features of details of.
3. To explore or survey for the purpose of making a map.
4. To plan, delineate, or arrange in detail; SYN. map out.
5. To establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets); SYN. represent.
6. To locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences.