ETYM Old Fren. glorios, glorious, French glorieux, from Latin gloriosus. Related to Glory.
1. Bringing great happiness and thankfulness.
2. Having great beauty and splendor; SYN. resplendent, splendid, splendiferous.
3. Having or deserving or conferring glory.
4. Having or worthy of pride; SYN. illustrious, redoubtable, respected.
ETYM Old Fren. gorgias beautiful, glorious, vain, luxurious; cf. Old Fren. gorgias ruff, neck handkerchief, and French gorge throat, and se pengorger to assume airs. Related to Gorge.
1. Doing grand things; admirable in action; displaying great power or opulence, especially in building, way of living, and munificence.
2. Grand in appearance; exhibiting grandeur or splendor; splendid' pompous.
1. Having high moral qualities; SYN. solid, upstanding, worthy.
2. Having or showing or indicative of high or elevated character
3. Inert especially toward oxygen
4. Of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as derived from feudal times