1. Conspicuously and tastelessly indecent; SYN. crude, earthy, gross, vulgar.
2. Lacking refinement or cultivation or taste; SYN. common, uncouth, vulgar.
3. Of low or inferior quality or value; SYN. common.
4. Of texture; large-grained or rough to the touch.
ETYM Latin inclemens; pref. in- not + clemens mild: cf. French inclément. Related to Clement.
1. Used of persons or behavior; showing no clemency or mercy.
2. (Of weather of climate) Physically severe.
1. Not treated with heat to prepare it for eating; SYN. uncooked.
1g. Brutally unfair or harsh
2. Not processed or refined
3. Lacking training or experience; SYN. green, new, wet behind the ears.
4. Untempered and unrefined
5. Having the surface exposed and painful
6. Inflamed and painful; SYN. sore.
Used of wood and furniture; SYN. unsanded.
1. Having or caused by an irregular surface; SYN. unsmooth.
2. Not perfected.
3. (Of persons or behavior) Lacking refinement or finesse; physically aggressive.
4. (Botany) Of the margin of a leaf shape; having the edge cut or fringed or scalloped.