ETYM Latin compositus made up of parts, p. p. of componere. Related to Compound, Compost.
1. Consisting of separate interconnected parts.
2. A modified Corinthian style of architecture (a combination of Corinthian and Ionic).
3. (Botany) Of or relating to or belonging to the plant family Compositae.
4. Used of color.
compound / kɑːmpaʊnd /
ETYM Old Eng. compouned, p. p. of compounen. Related to Compound.
1. Consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts.
2. (Botany) Especially of leaf shapes; composed of several similar parts or lobes.