ETYM Old Eng. aboute, abouten, abuten; AS. âbutan, onbutan; on + butan, which is from be by + utan outward, from ut out. Related to But, Out.
1. Around; all round; on every side of.
2. Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
3. Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity.
4. In concern with; engaged in; intent on.
5. On the point or verge of; going; in act of.
6. Concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
as for / əz fɔːr /
With regard to; concerning
as to / əz tuː /
1. As for, about
2. According to, by
concerning / kənsɝːnɪŋ /
Relating to; regarding
regarding / rəɡɑːrdɪŋ /
With respect to; concerning
respecting / rispektɪŋ /
1. In view of; considering
2. With respect to; concerning