ETYM French dépôt, Old Fren. depost, from Latin depositum a deposit. Related to Deposit.
1. A place of deposit storing of goods; a warehouse; a storehouse.
2. A military station where stores and provisions are kept, or where recruits are assembled and drilled.
3. A railway station; a building for the accommodation and protection of railway passenges or freight.
railroad station / ˈreɪlroʊd ˈsteɪʃn̩ /
Množina reči railroad station je railroad stations.
ETYM French, from Latin statio, from stare, statum, to stand. Related to Stand.
1. A building equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose.
2. (Navy) The location to which a ship or fleet is assigned for duty.