1. Not taut or rigid; not stretched or held tight.
2. Emptying easily or excessively; SYN. loose.
3. Lacking in rigor or strictness; SYN. slack.
4. (Phonetics) Pronounced with muscles relatively relaxed (e.g., the vowel sound in 'bet').
negligent / neɡlədʒənt /
ETYM French négligent, Latin negligens,p. pr. of negligere. Related to Neglect.
1. Characterized by neglect and undue lack of concern.
2. Marked by insufficient care or attention.
perfunctory / pərfəŋktəri /
ETYM Latin perfunctorius, from perfunctus dispatched, p. p. of perfungi to discharge, dispatch; per (see Per) + fungi to perform.
1. Done merely to get rid of a duty; performed mechanically and as a thing of rote; done in a careless and superficial manner.
2. Hence: Mechanical; indifferent; listless; careless.
3. Related to Function.
4. Mechanical, routine, cursory.
slapdash / slæpdæʃ /
slovenly / slʌvn̩li /
Careless, negligent; untidy, unclean
Lazy; negligent; slipshod.
1. Untidy especially in personal appearance; lazily slipshod
2. Characteristic of a sloven
sluttish / slʌtəʃ /
Of or pertaining to a slut, characteristic of a slut; dirty, slovenly; dissolute, immoral
untidy / ʌntaɪdi /
1. Careless and slovenly.
2. Not neat and tidy
Reč dana | 23.09.2020.
Više od 500.000 poseta u toku meseca. Pridruži nam se i ti.