Prevedi amfibija na: francuski · nemački
1. Vodozemac, životinja koja živi na kopnu i u vodi (žaba i dr.)
2. Biljka koja raste na zemlji i u vodi (rogoz, ševar i dr.)
3. Motorno vozilo koje se može kretati po zemlji i po vodi.
4. Avion snabdeven i točkovima i čamcima, te tako sposoban da uzleće i da se spušta i na suvo i na vodu; up. amfibije.
/ æmfɪbiən /
Množina reči amphibian je amphibians.
amphibious vehicle · amphibious aircraft
amphibious aircraft · amphibious vehicle
1. A flat-bottomed motor vehicle that can travel on land or water; SYN. amphibious vehicle.
2. Cold-blooded vertebrate typically living on land but breeding in water; aquatic larvae undergo metamorphosis into adult form.
3. Aircraft designed to take off and land on water; SYN. amphibious aircraft.
(animal) able to live both on land and in water; (vehicle) able to alight on or take off from, or to travel on, both land and water.
Member of the vertebrate class Amphibia, which generally spend their larval (tadpole) stage in fresh water, transferring to land at maturity (after metamorphosis) and generally returning to water to breed. Like fish and reptiles, they continue to grow throughout life, and cannot maintain a temperature greatly differing from that of their environment. The class includes caecilians (wormlike in appearance), salamanders, frogs, and toads.