Influenced or controlled by a powerful force such as a strong emotion; SYN. possessed.
possessed / pəzest /
1. Influenced or controlled by something (as an evil spirit, a passion, or an idea); mad, crazed; urgently desirous to do or have something
2. Self-possessed, calm
rabid / ræbəd /
ETYM Latin rabidus, from rabere to rave. Related to Rage.
1. Of or pertaining to rabies, or hydrophobia.
2. Extreme, unreasonable, or fanatical in opinion; excessively zealous.
3. Affected with the disease called rabies.
4. Furious; raging; extremely violent.
Furious; fanatical; mad; pertaining to rabies.