(Homonym: idle, idol).
1. Not in active use; SYN. unused.
2. Not in action or at work.
3. Not having a job; SYN. jobless, out of work.
4. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; SYN. loose.
5. Silly or trivial; SYN. light.
loose end / ˈluːs ˈend /
Sinonimi: unfinished business
Work that is left incomplete; SYN. unfinished business.
out of work / ˈaʊt əv ˈwɝːk /
Without regular employment; jobless out-of-work
vacuous / vækjuːəs /
ETYM Latin vacuus. Related to Vacant.
Empty; unfilled; void; vacant.