ETYM Old Eng. casuel, French casuel, from Latin casualis, from casus fall, accident, from cadere to fall. Related to Case.
1. Employed in a specified capacity from time to time; SYN. occasional.
2. Hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough; SYN. cursory, passing, perfunctory.
3. Marked by blithe unconcern; SYN. insouciant, nonchalant.
4. Not showing effort or strain; SYN. effortless.
5. Suited for everyday use; SYN. everyday.
6. Without or seeming to be without plan or method; offhand.