(Irregular plural: bosses)
1. A person responsible for hiring workers; SYN. hirer.
2. A person who exercises control and makes decisions
3. A protuberant part or body; a raised ornamentation; stud; an ornamental projecting block used in architecture
4. A soft pad used in ceramics and glassmaking
5. The hub of a propeller
6. Cow, calf.
chef / ʃef /
A professional cook.
chief / tʃiːf /
ETYM Old Eng. chief, chef, Old Fren. chief, French chef, from Latin caput head, possibly akin to Eng. head. Related to Captain, Chapter.
1. The head or leader of any group of people; a commander, as of an army; the head of a tribe, clan, or family.
2. The principal part; the most valuable portion.