1. To select carefully from a group: SYN. choose, select, identify, take.
2. To look for and gather; SYN. pluck, cull.
3. To remove in small bits:
4. To provoke:
5. To attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example; SYN. break up.
6. To pilfer or rob:
1. To pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion, as of guitar strings; SYN. plunk, pick.
2. To pull or pull out sharply; SYN. tweak, pull off, pick off.
3. To strip of feathers; as of chickens; SYN. pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume.
rasp / ræsp /
1. To scrape with a rasp.
2. To utter in a grating voice.