1. Pomičan zaklon od peći. vatre, svetlosti, na prozoru itd.
2. Zaklon, obično metalan, koji štiti električni pribor, aparate i čoveka od spoljašnjeg uticaja štetnih zrakova;
3. U kinematografiji: belo platno na koje se projiciraju filmovi. (fr.)
baffle / bæfl̩ /
Množina reči baffle je baffles.
Sinonimi: baffle board
Sinonimi: baffle board
ETYM French bafouer to mock.
Controls or directs flow of fluid or energy; SYN. baffle board.
1. Something shown to the public; SYN. exhibit, showing.
2. A visual representation of something; SYN. presentation.
3. Behavior that makes one's feelings public.
4. Exhibiting openly in public view.
5. Something done in order to communicate a particular impression; SYN. show.
6. A device that represents information in visual form; a computer terminal.
Množina reči faceplate je faceplates.
A protective covering for the front of a machine or device (as a door lock or computer component).
Or conundrum; Verbal puzzle or question that offers clues rather than direct aids to solving it, and often involves unlikely comparisons. Riddles poems were common in Old English poetry.
In ancient literature, finding the answer to a riddle could be a matter of life and death. Oedipus, for example, became the ruler of the ancient Greek city of Thebes by solving the riddle of the Sphinx: “What goes on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?” The answer is a human being—crawling on all fours as a baby, and walking with a stick in old age.
1. A coarse sieve (as for gravel).
2. A difficult problem; SYN. conundrum, enigma, brain-teaser.
ETYM Old Eng. scren, Old Fren. escrein, escran, French écran, of uncertain origin; cf. German schirm a screen, Old High Germ. scirm, scerm a protection, shield, or German schragen a trestle, a stack of wood, or German schranne a railing.
1. A covering that serves to conceal or shelter something; SYN. cover, covert, concealment.
2. A white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing; SYN. silver screen, projection screen.
3. A decorative frame or panel serving to divide a space.
4. A metallic netting mounted in a frame and covering windows or doors for protection (especially against insects).
5. The surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube on which an electronically created image is formed; SYN. crt screen.
A device that indicates in human readable form the result of a measurement of some variable.
The visual output device of a computer, which is commonly a CRT-based video display. With portable and notebook computers, the display is usually an LCD-based or a gas plasma–based flat-panel display. See also flat-panel display, liquid crystal display, video adapter, video display.