1. Svaka pojava u duhovnom i spoljnom svetu koja se prikazuje našem opažanju (čulima), naročito teško objašnjiva ili retka prirodna pojava; čudo;
2. Sjajna pojava, retko sposobna ličnost;
3. fil. Pojava (za razliku od "stvari po sebi", noumenon.a)
ETYM French apparence, Latin apparentia, from apparere. Related to Appear.
1. The event of coming into sight.
2. Outward or visible aspect of a person or thing; SYN. visual aspect.
3. The act of appearing in public view.
4. Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; SYN. show.
5. Formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action; SYN. appearing, coming into court.
In philosophy, what is visible, or manifest to the senses, but is ultimately illusory. Hence, appearance is usually contrasted with reality, and so the term often occurs in idealism and skepticism.
phenomenon / fənɑːmənɑːn /
Any fact or happening; anything perceived by the senses; remarkable thing or person, or rare event.