ETYM Late Lat. almanac, almanach: cf. French almanach, Spanish almanaque, Italian almanacco, all of uncertain origin.
1. An annual publication containing tabular information in a particular field or fields arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
2. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year; SYN. farmer's calendar.
1. A plant that completes its entire life cycle within the space of a year.
2. A reference book that is published regularly once every year; SYN. yearbook.
yearbook / jɪrbʊk /
1. A book published yearly; any annual report or summary of the statistics or facts of a year, designed to be used as a reference book.
2. A book containing annual reports of cases adjudged in the courts of England. SYN. year-book