Utelovljenje, utelovljavanje, ovaploćenje, ovaploćavanje, otelovljenje, oličavanje, oličenje, oličenost, slika i prilika, naročito neke ideje (u hrišćanstvu je npr. Isus inkarnacija božanstva, Sokrat je inkarnacija mudrosti, tj. sušta mudrost). (lat.)
ETYM Skr. avatâra descent; ava from + root tar to cross, pass over.
The manifestation of a Hindu deity (especially Vishnu) in human or superhuman or animal form.
Incarnation of deity, especially Hindu; manifestation; deification.
In Hindu mythology, the descent of a deity to Earth in a visible form, for example the ten avatars of Vishnu.
ETYM French carnation the flesh tints in a painting, It carnagione, from Latin carnatio fleshiness, from caro, carnis, flesh. Related to Carnal.
1. Eurasian plant with pink to purple-red spice-scented usually double flowers; widely cultivated in many varieties and many colors; SYN. clove pink, gillyflower, Dianthus caryophyllus.
2. A pink or reddish-pink color.
Any of numerous double-flowered cultivated varieties of a plant Dianthus caryophyllus of the pink family. The flowers smell like cloves; they are divided into flake, bizarre, and picotees, according to whether the petals exhibit one or more colors on their white ground, have the color dispersed in strips, or have a colored border to the petals.
ETYM French incarnation, Late Lat. incarnatio.
1. An incarnate form; a personification; a manifestation; a reduction to apparent from; a striking exemplification in person or act.
2. The act of clothing with flesh, or the state of being so clothed; the act of taking, or being manifested in, a human body and nature.
3. The union of the second person of the Godhead with manhood in Christ.