ETYM French actif, Latin activus, from agere to act.
1. Characterized by energetic activity.
2. Characterized by energetic bodily activity; SYN. physical.
3. (Grammar) Expressing action rather than a state of being; used of verbs (e.g. 'to run') and participial adjectives (e.g. 'running' in 'running water'); SYN. dynamic.
4. (Military) Engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; SYN. combat-ready, fighting.
5. (Of e.g. volcanos) Being in a state of action or potential action.
6. (Pathology) Tending to become more severe or wider in scope.
7. Being in physical motion; SYN. on the move.
8. (Astronomy; of the sun) Characterized by a high level activity in sunspots and flares and radio emissions.
9. Disposed to take action or effectuate change.
10. Exerting influence or producing an effect.
11. Engaged in full-time work; (military).
12. In operation.
13. Taking part in an activity; SYN. participating.
Reč dana | 28.11.2020.
Više od 500.000 poseta u toku meseca. Pridruži nam se i ti.