ETYM Latin collectivus: cf. French collectif.
1. Forming a whole or aggregate.
2. Set up on the principle of collectivism or ownership and production by the workers involved usually under the supervision of a government.
ETYM Latin corporatus, p. p. of corporare to shape into a body, from corpus body. Related to Corpse.
1. Done by or characteristic of individuals acting together; SYN. collective.
2. Of or belonging to a corporation.
3. Organized and maintained as a legal corporation; SYN. incorporated.