Instrument-jako ispupčeno sabirno sočivo kratke žižne daljine-pomoću koga se sitni bliski predmeti mogu videti pod mnogo većim vidnim uglom nego golim okom, tako da izgledaju jako uvećani.
Uveličavajuće staklo, sočivo za uveličavanje predmeta: ispupčeno sabirno sočivo pomoću kojega se sitni predmeti povećavaju za 20 do 30 puta (fr.)
Lens that converges or brings to a focus those light rays that have been refracted by it. It is a convex lens, with at least one surface that curves outward, and is thicker toward the center than at the edge. Converging lenses are used to form real images in many optical instruments, such as cameras and projectors. A converging lens that forms a virtual, magnified image may be used as a magnifying glass or to correct long-sightedness.
A beam of light passing through it is brought to a point or focus; SYN. convex lens.
1. A fringe of banged hair (cut short squarely across the forehead).
2. A sudden very loud noise; SYN. blowup, clap, eruption, blast, loud noise.
3. The release of a store of affective force; SYN. charge, rush, flush, thrill, kick.
clack / klæk /
1. Rapid continuous talk; chatter; tongue
2. (archaic) An object (as a valve) that produces clapping or rattling noises usually in regular rapid sequence
3. A sound of clacking
clatter / klætər /
A rattling noise (often produced by rapid movement).
ETYM Latin crassus coarse. Related to Crass.
A sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures); SYN. collapse.
din / dɪn /
ETYM AS. dyne, dyn; akin to Icel. dynr, and to AS. dynian to resound, Icel. dynja to pour down like hail or rain; cf. Skr. dhuni roaring, a torrent, dhvan to sound. Related to Dun to ask payment.
Loud, confused, harsh noise; a loud, continuous, rattling or clanging sound; clamor; roar.
1. A rapid series of short loud sounds; SYN. rattling.
2. A device that produces a rattle; specifically; a case containing pellets used as a baby's toy; the sound-producing organ on a rattlesnake's tail
1. A heavy blow or impact
2. A noisy violent closing; a banging noise; especially; one made by the slam of a door
3. A cutting or violent criticism
5. A poetry competition performed before judges
6, Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge; SYN. sweep.