ETYM French massif.
1. Consisting of great mass; containing a great quantity of matter.
2. Imposing in scale or scope or degree or power.
3. Imposing in size or bulk or solidity; SYN. monolithic, monumental.
4. Being the same substance throughout.
ETYM Latin solidus, probably akin to sollus whole, entire, Greek: cf. French solide. Related to Consolidate,Soda, Solder, Soldier, Solemn.
1. Acting together as a single undiversified whole; SYN. unanimous.
2. Entirely of a single color throughout; SYN. self-colored, self-coloured.
3. Entirely of one substance with no holes inside.
4. Having three dimensions.
5. Incapable of being seen through.
6. Of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous.
7. Of good quality and condition; solidly built; SYN. strong, substantial.
8. Of good substantial quality.
9. Of one substance or character throughout.
10. Turned into or covered with thick ice.
11. Uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks.