1. Having much excessive flesh (especially fat)
2. A chubby body; SYN. rounded.
3. Having a relatively large diameter
4. Marked by great fruitfulness; SYN. fertile, productive, rich.
5. (Informal) Lucrative; SYN. juicy.
1. Having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources)
2. Possessing material wealth
3. Suggestive of or characterized by great expense
4. Of great worth or quality
5. Pleasantly full and mellow
6. Highly seasoned or containing large amounts of choice ingredients such as butter or sugar or eggs
7. (Metallurgy; chemistry) High in mineral content
8. Very productive
ETYM French onctueux, Late Lat. unctuosus, from Latin unctus anointment, from ungere, unctum, to anoint. Related to Unguent.
1. Of the nature or quality of an unguent or ointment; fatty; oily; greasy.
2. Having a smooth, greasy feel, as certain minerals.
3. Bland; suave; also, tender; fervid; sometimes, insincerely suave or fervid.
Slimy; oily; greasy; offensively suave and smug.