Smišljeno i plansko postupanje pri radu radi postignuća nekog uspeha, istine,. saznanja, određeni put i način ispitivanja, mišljenja, rada.
Naročito: način poučavanja i predavanja.
method / meθəd /
Množina reči method je methods.
Sinonimi: method acting
ETYM French méthode, Latin methodus, from Greek methodos method, investigation following after; meta after + odos way.
US adaptation of Stanislavsky's teachings on acting and direction, in which importance is attached to the psychological building of a role rather than the technical side of its presentation. Emphasis is placed on improvisation, aiming for a spontaneous and realistic style of acting. One of the principal exponents of the Method was the US actor and director Lee Strasberg, who taught at the Actors Studio in New York.
A way of doing something, esp. a systematic one; implies an orderly logical arrangement (usually in steps).
ETYM Latin modus a measure, due or proper measure, bound, manner, form; akin to Eng. mete: cf. French mode. Related to Mete, Commodious, Mood in grammar, Modus.
1. Any of various fixed orders of the various diatonic notes within an octave; SYN. musical mode.
2. The most frequent value of a random variable.
ETYM Old Eng. wey, way, as. weg.
(Homonym: weigh, whey).
1. A course of conduct; SYN. path, way of life.
2. A general category of things; used in the expression.
3. A journey or passage.
4. A portion of something divided into shares.
5. Any road or path affording passage from one place to another.
6. Doing as one pleases or chooses.
7. The condition of things generally; or.
8. The property of distance in general; (colloquial); SYN. ways.