1. Not taut or rigid; not stretched or held tight.
2. Emptying easily or excessively; SYN. loose.
3. Lacking in rigor or strictness; SYN. slack.
4. (Phonetics) Pronounced with muscles relatively relaxed (e.g., the vowel sound in 'bet').
1. Not bound or fastened or gathered together
2. Not carefully arranged in a package
3. Not fixed firmly or tightly
4. Not restrained or confined or attached
5. Not tense or taut; SYN. slack.
6. Not compact or dense in structure or arrangement
7. Not tight; not closely constrained or constricted or constricting
8. (Of a ball in sport) Not in the possession or control of any player
9. (Of textures) Full of small openings or gaps; SYN. open.
10. Freely producing mucus
ETYM Latin neutralis, from neuter. Related to Neuter.
1. Of no distinctive quality or characteristics or type.
2. Lacking distinguishing quality or characteristics.
3. Neither moral nor immoral; neither good nor evil, right nor wrong.
4. Not supporting or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest.
5. Lacking hue.
6. (Physics) Having no net electric charge; not electrified; SYN. electroneutral.